[CentOS] OT: Scripting with sudo password

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Nov 15 01:13:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 05:13:37PM -0800, James A. Peltier alleged:
> gjgowey at tmo.blackberry.net wrote:
> >How about using ssh with certificate authenitication instead of sudo?
> >
> That's great for SSH, I already do that, but if I ssh to a system and
> then type sudo it prompts me for a password.  I want something like this
>
> ssh_and_sudo_on_all_hosts
> this script prompts for passwords and provides passwords to all ssh or
> sudo sessions
>
> ssh => some_host
> uses keys/certificates whatever so no password
>
> sudo do_some_command (prompts for password)
> password entered at start of ssh_and_sudo_on_all_hosts is passed to sudo
> and sudo runs.

The solution is password-less authentication.  Kerberos, ssh keys, sudo, etc.
But you don't seem to want to do those things.

So do exactly as you've already mentioned, use expect, prompt for a password,
and feed the passord to remote shells as required.