[CentOS] Re: Problem running a setuid Perl script on CentOS 4.5

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Nov 16 19:45:04 UTC 2007

on 11/16/2007 7:56 AM Alfred von Campe spake the following:
> On Nov 16, 2007, at 9:55, Marc Wiatrowski wrote:
>> Being aware of the security implications, do you have
>> perl-suidperl-X.rpm installed?
> I meant I was aware of the implications of running setuid scripts.  I
> was not aware that CentOS' upstream provider had packaged suidperl
> separately.  Installing this package solved my problem.  However, I am
> pursuing an sudo solution at the moment that may work even better for me.
> Thanks,
> Alfred
The security concerns are why it was packaged separately. A sysadmin needs to
explicitly install it, so he/she should know it is there and watch for problems.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!