[CentOS] Installing java on CentOS 5

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 20:12:20 UTC 2007

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
>> On the other hand, redistribution is permitted...
>
> Yeah, but there's still that indemnification clause in the Distribution
> License. The FAQ says that this really doesn't matter, the License says
> otherwise. And I tend to "believe" Licenses, because that's what you
> have ...

There aren't a lot of lawsuits over software because all
responsibilities are always disclaimed away anyway - and if there were,
java would be about the least likely target.  I'm not sure how it is any
different than software you might have created yourself that could be
the target of a lawsuit or any other package where you might be included
as a distributor.

Anyway - as long as the opennms guys have it, it doesn't matter.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com