[SPAM] Re: [CentOS] Backups on external USB HDD

David Ferreira dferreira at izanet.com
Tue Nov 20 18:13:27 UTC 2007

I think It's very easy to do what you said using the hotplug facility
and simple bash scripting. I've a system in one server that when you
plug the USB disk, it mounts the disk, make a rsync which certain
directories of the local file system, umount the drive, and send a email
which logfile (you can use a wall if you prefere). Now I'm working in a
system based on these and LVM, to take snapshots of live filesystems
using wonderful facility provided by LVM that is snapshots.

If you want to know more, feel free to ask me.

Greetings,
David

--
David Ferreira
Dpto. de sistemas

web: _http://www.izanet.com_ <3D%22http://www.izanet.com/%22>
Direcciónes: Argualas nº 3 (Planta calle) - 50.012 Zaragoza
Teléfono: 902 999 065 y 976 306 752 - Fax 976 306 753

*DISCLAIMER:
*Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede
contener informacion privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el
destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la utilizacion,
divulgacion y/o copia sin autorizacion esta prohibida en virtud de la
legislacion vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos
que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma via y proceda a su
destruccion.

information that is CONFIDENTIAL and protected by professional
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is
strictly prohibited by law. If this message has been received in error,
please immediately notify us via e-mail and delete it.