[CentOS] html/form newbie: trying to upload a little data to a server

Charles E Campbell Jr charles.e.campbell at nasa.gov
Wed Nov 21 15:47:31 UTC 2007

Kenneth Porter wrote:

> --On Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:09 PM -0500 Charles E Campbell Jr
> <charles.e.campbell at nasa.gov> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, here's the form:
>>
>> <form method="POST" action="mmsrequest">
>

> That says the script is in the same directory as the form. Is your web
> server set up to allow scripts to be executed from the content
> directory? This will be restricted by both httpd.conf (and includes)
> and by SELinux, if enabled.
>
> Which distro? Which version of Apache? What language is the script in?
>
> Can you execute the script from the command line? (Many web script
> systems allow you to debug from the command line with some suitable
> setup, allowing you to test without an actual web server.)

My client side is a centos o/s... but the server side is an SGI.  I've
found the following in a couple of httpd.conf files (I've found three on
the system):
 httpd.conf -- SGI Outbox Apache HTTP server config file... [ port 80 ]

In there:

<Directory /usr/people/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
</Directory>

The scripts and html page are in that sort of a directory, ie.
/usr/people/cec/public_html , so I think the httpd.conf is the pertinent
one.

How do I find out what version of Apache is installed?  How do I find
out if SELinux is enabled?

The script -- well, I've tried Kornshell:

#! /bin/ksh
echo 'QUERY_STRING<'${QUERY_STRING}'>'

and I've written a small C file, compiled it, etc.  In both cases I set
permissions to rwxrwxrwx (and directory paths) just to make sure for now
that they are not permission bound.

Both the script and executable work fine from the command line.

Thank you for helping,
Chip Campbell