[CentOS] install via http

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 14:26:05 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 3:21 PM, Hiep Nguyen <hiep at ee.ucr.edu> wrote:
> hi there, i try to install centos 5 via http, but i don't know what to put
> in when it asks for "Web site name" & "CentOS directory".  can someone
> give me this info?  can i used mirror.centos.org & /centos/5/os/i386/???
>
> i only have the boot cd & i don't want to download and burn all 6 cds.

Hi,

Yes, mirror.centos.org as website name and  centos/5/os/i386/ as
directory should work. You can also go over mirrorlist
(http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13) and do the
same with a mirror that is close to you.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)