[CentOS] 2 DHCP server in one subnet

Fajar Priyanto

fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Wed Nov 28 13:18:22 UTC 2007

Hello all,
In the network there is already a W2K server serving as DHCP server for the
network. Then we want to implement LTSP, so we need to setup another DHCP
server, right?

Due to unexpected reason (little by little migration of w98 clients to LTSP),
we need to keep the W2K server running in that network. Can we then have 2
DHCP server in the same subnet, only serving pre-determine clients using mac
address? Any clue on how to setup the dhcpd.conf?

Thank you very much.
http://linux2.arinet.org
20:16:32 up 14 min, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.