[CentOS] Mail Server Install

Fred Kienker fred at at4b.com
Wed Nov 28 13:44:29 UTC 2007

From: redhat at mckerrs.net [mailto:redhat at mckerrs.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:19 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Cc: centos at centos.org
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Mail Server Install

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jun Salen" <nokijun at yahoo.com>
To: centos at centos.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 11:54:46 AM (GMT+1000)
Australia/Brisbane
Subject: [CentOS] Mail Server Install

Hi Friends,

I am planning to upgrade my mail server from CentOS4.5 to CentOS5. By
this, I also planned to replace my postfix mail server with Scalix
although the community edition limit me to just 25 premium user, I think
it is suffice for us with the remaining user as standard user (with
approx. <> 100 users total). Is there a catch on using Scalix based on
your experience. I see that Horde is available from Dag's repository, do
you think it is better for me to use that instead? Is there anyone using
it that may share their gotchas and good points from their experience
for me to prepare and be ready. Thank you in advance.

junji
aisalen.wordpress.com
Linux Registered User #253162

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

believed to be clean.

Have a look at http://zimbra.com. It has an open-source version with
unlimited users. I've tried both it and scalix and much prefer zimbra.

Cheers.

believed to be clean.

[Fred Kienker]

Scalix has announced starting with Version 11.3, to be released mid
December 2007, the number of premium users available in the Community
Edition will be reduced from 25 to 10. The number of standard users will
remain unlimited for now. There is new commercial licenses available
starting at 20 users to fill in the gap. You can continue to use Ver.
11.2 which will remain at 25 premium users forever, but there are
several serious issues in this version which will not be addressed
except by updating to 11.3.

In our experience the most current version of the Community Edition
tends to be beta test software - YMMV. Using any version of the
Community Edition in a commercial or educational environment would not
be a good idea without a paid for support contract from Scalix.

Best regards

Fred Kienker
AT4B
5261 Sunset Trail
Marietta, GA 30068

Fred at at4b.com <<mailto:Fred at at4b.com>>
770.518.6166 Phone
770.518.6992 Fax

"Advanced Technologies For Business"
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained
herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you
received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the
sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic
or hard copy format. Thank you.