[CentOS] 2 DHCP server in one subnet

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 18:39:02 UTC 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 2:18 PM, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at cbn.net.id> wrote:
> Hello all,
> In the network there is already a W2K server serving as DHCP server for the
> network. Then we want to implement LTSP, so we need to setup another DHCP
> server, right?

No.

You should be able to setup the W2K DHCP server.

You can define a reservation, add some host (harware mac) to it and
specify some custom parameter using named option or directly its number,
for 'next-server' and maybe 'filename' (I dont know to much LTSP)

Regards

OPS: Les sugest to avoid the separate reservation and put all new options in
your already existing reservation, why not !

> Due to unexpected reason (little by little migration of w98 clients to LTSP),
> we need to keep the W2K server running in that network. Can we then have 2
> DHCP server in the same subnet, only serving pre-determine clients using mac
> address? Any clue on how to setup the dhcpd.conf?
>
> Thank you very much.
> --
> Fajar Priyanto | Reg'd Linux User #327841 | Linux tutorial
> http://linux2.arinet.org
> 20:16:32 up 14 min, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
> Let's use OpenOffice. http://www.openoffice.org
> The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you