[CentOS] Re: Adobe products under Linux?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Nov 28 22:10:52 UTC 2007

on 11/28/2007 1:28 PM William L. Maltby spake the following:
> On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 00:29 -0800, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
>> On Nov 27, 2007 3:26 PM, William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>
>> wrote:
>>> $ rpm -q AdobeReader_enu
>>> AdobeReader_enu-7.0.9-1.i386
>>> I don't know about others, but this one works fine for me.
>> I don't call this a real application as they don't support anything
>> you don't pay for.
>> E.g., AR 8.0 (?) is available for Windows and has been for months,
>> now, but not for Linux.
>> The Adobe Flash Player for (32-bit) browsers on Linux also works, most
>> of the time, but it, too, is a "free" application, which means Adobe
>> doesn't provide support for it, either.
> Looks like other folks have given responses I might have used. I will
> only add that a piece of software that does what I want in a certain
> context and has appropriate scope for my needs would qualify as an
> application regardless of other considerations. It may not be the best
> or meet everyones needs, but ...
I always thought that the OS was the base system to provide a place to do some
work, and applications are the tools that actually are used in doing such
work. Like a woodworkers shop and the saws and other tools inside said shop.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!