[CentOS] Replacement for Linux-HA (heartbeat) - RedHat cluster?

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 09:30:19 UTC 2007

I'm beginning to give up on making Linux-HA's heartbeat work for my
environment (CentOS x86_64) and am wondering what other option have I got to
help me:
1. Use IPVS to maintain a cluster of virtual servers, either master/slave or
2. Use DRBD in master/slave fashion to keep a home-grown application

The first thing I stumbled upon is RedHat Cluster Suite (
from which I also saw some packages on my CentOS servers.

I've never heard of it before and am just starting to dig its docs, but if
someone here can confirm/deny that this is a possible route to take it might
save me some time or doubts.