[CentOS] Replacement for Linux-HA (heartbeat) - RedHat cluster?

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 23:24:08 UTC 2007

On 30/11/2007, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

>  Matt Shields wrote:
>
>  With a GUI that actually makes it more difficult to manage. Learn to
> use the command line tools and config files, it's so much easier.
>

>  then why in Gaea's name did they make the heartbeat config files XML ??
>
>  while XML -can- be human read, its a freekin' mess to read and edit and
> maintain sanity.

I wish THAT was my problem :).

While I'm not fond of manually manipulating XML (XML is usually meant
to be touched by programs, not humans), I can cope with it if the f***
programs executed properly.

As it is now, even the BasicSanityCheck fails.

I'm trying to run the system-config-cluster thing and see what happens.

Cheers,

--Amos