[CentOS] sdc1 without the sdc

Tue Nov 13 15:11:49 UTC 2007
Scott Moseman <scmoseman at gmail.com>

So I'm working with the iSCSI Initiator and an EqualLogic SAN.  I'm
not sure when this might have happened, but it appears that the
/dev/sdc device is missing, yet the /dev/sdc1 partition exists AND is
mountable.  Is there a method to re-create the /dev/sdc device?  I
cannot dd or fdisk it, obviously, but I can mount the /dev/sdc1
partition and it works just fine.  Not having the /dev/sdc is messing
up my multipath setup (let alone whatever else might be affected).

scsi3 : SFNet iSCSI driver
  Vendor: EQLOGIC   Model: 100E-00           Rev: 2.3
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 05
SCSI device sdc: 8417280 512-byte hdwr sectors (4310 MB)
SCSI device sdc: drive cache: write through
SCSI device sdc: 8417280 512-byte hdwr sectors (4310 MB)
SCSI device sdc: drive cache: write through
 sdc: sdc1
Attached scsi disk sdc at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 0

# ls -l /dev/sdc*
brw-rw----  1 root disk 8, 33 Nov  7 14:45 /dev/sdc1

Thanks,
Scott