[CentOS] SOLVED: Re: Partioning Error: Dual Boot, WinXP & CentOS5, 27 GB Free space; my error is?

Mon Nov 26 01:15:19 UTC 2007
Lanny Marcus <lannyma at gmail.com>

On 25 November 2007, John Bowden j-alan at btconnect.com wrote:
<snip>
>I think the problem is that you can only have 4 Primary partitions on a disk.
>If you to convert one of the NTFS partitions to an extended partition, with
>the NTFS partition inside it. Personally, if you want to keep the 4 drive
>letters in windoz, I would back up the whole disk ("in case"), set up the
>disk with 1 Primary NTFS partition and an extended Partition with the other 3
>NTFS partitions inside it. Leave the free space as free space and let the
>CentOS installer to use the free space as it sees fit

John: THANK YOU! That was it! I blew it away with QtParted and in a
few minutes,
I had it correct. The attention to detail was lacking on that box. I
got the other 2 boxes
up and running, without this frustration. Hopefully they are
partitioned correctly. CentOS
is now installing on that box.  :-)
Lanny