[CentOS] Replacement for Linux-HA (heartbeat) - RedHat cluster?

Fri Nov 30 09:30:19 UTC 2007
Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com>

Hello,

I'm beginning to give up on making Linux-HA's heartbeat work for my
environment (CentOS x86_64) and am wondering what other option have I got to
help me:
1. Use IPVS to maintain a cluster of virtual servers, either master/slave or
load-balanced.
2. Use DRBD in master/slave fashion to keep a home-grown application
highly-available.

The first thing I stumbled upon is RedHat Cluster Suite (
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/centos_linux_guides/centos_cluster_configuration_and_management/),
from which I also saw some packages on my CentOS servers.

I've never heard of it before and am just starting to dig its docs, but if
someone here can confirm/deny that this is a possible route to take it might
save me some time or doubts.

Thanks,

--Amos