[CentOS] mdadm syntax

Mon Nov 5 11:20:23 UTC 2007
James Olin Oden <james.oden at gmail.com>

On 11/4/07, Art Baldini <rootajb at gmail.com> wrote:
> After some testing the placement of the -a was important.  when I put it
> after /dev/md12, similar to what Tim posted worked.
>
> Thanks...Art
Despite what I wrote previously, yeah the order seems to be important.
 Its seems like as soon as they proccess the --auto|-a they
immediately pick the name of the md device, instead of waiting till
all of the CLI is proccessed to do this.  So if you have the md device
defined after the --auto, it will pick the first available, and if you
have it defined before --auto, then it uses what you specified.
Haven't looked at the code, but this seems the only way to explain why
it matters which order.

Cheers...james