[CentOS] Re: mdadm --stop

Tue Nov 6 20:17:59 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 11/6/2007 12:01 PM Art Baldini spake the following:
> Updating the command syntax below.
>
> On Nov 6, 2007 3:00 PM, Art Baldini <rootajb at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have been trying to delete an md.  I have recently updated to
>> version 1.12 of mdadm.
>> I used to be able to do mdadm /dev/md12 --stop.  It does not seem to be
>> stopping, but I do not get any error and the $?/return code is 0.
>>
>> The --verbose option for mdadm does nothing for --stop.  How do I
>> determine why this is not successful?
>>

>> Thanks...Art

According to the man page;
If a device is given before any options, or if the first option is --add,
--fail, or --remove, then the MANAGE mode is assume. Anything other than these
will cause the Misc mode to be assumed.
So try mdadm --stop /dev/md12  with the device last.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and