[CentOS] Oracle Instant Client 11g on CentOS 5 (32-bit) workaround

Thu Nov 8 19:26:56 UTC 2007
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Jay Leafey wrote:

> I downloaded the RPMs from the Oracle web site (otn.oracle.com) and
> successfully installed them on my C5 box, but the sqlplus client
> software would not run properly.  After a few iterations with
> sealert, I finally got a handle on what was happening.
>
> It turns out that most of the shared libraries Oracle installs need
> to have their SElinux file context modified to allow relocation.
> Here's the quick-and-dirty routine I use to repair this:
>
> find /usr/lib/oracle/11.1.0.1/client/lib -type f -name \*.so\* \
>     -exec chcon -t textrel_shlib_t {} \;
>
> Obviously you could get around this by disabling SElinux, but I
> really want to avoid that if possible.
>
> Now a quick question:  does anybody know if there is any way to
> configure SElinux so that the context for these files won't be
> "fixed" by a restorecon operation on this directory?

It'd be something to the effect of

   semanage fcontext -a -t textrel_shlib_t \
     "/usr/lib/oracle/11.1.0.1/client/lib/.*\.so.*"

or, less version-specific,

   semanage fcontext -a -t textrel_shlib_t \
     "/usr/lib/oracle/[0-9.]*/client/lib/.*\.so.*"