[CentOS] System on time

Fri Nov 9 19:37:14 UTC 2007
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Matt Hyclak wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 05:15:22PM +0100, Niki Kovacs enlightened us:
>
>> Matt Hyclak a écrit :
>>
>>> Sounds like a daylight savings time issue, or you have the wrong timezone
>>> configured...
>>>
>> My timezone is Europe/Paris, but indeed we recently switched to what we
>> call here "winter time".
>>

> Is your tzdata package updated, and have you reconfigured the time since
> then? /etc/localtime is not a link, so when updates to tzdata happen it
> needs to be re-created.

i wish there was a somewhat more automatic way to do this.     I
understand why /etc/localtime not a link or symlink to
/usr/share/zoneinfo/xxxx, there's bunches of issues, like /usr may be a
different filesystem ...

IMHO, the RPM update of the tzdata should be somehow figuring this out,
maybe digging into /etc/sysconfig/clock for the ZONE setting, then
copying the appropriate zone back over /etc/localtime

but, thats upstream's decision.