[CentOS] Tomcat 6 and native lib

Sat Nov 10 16:12:19 UTC 2007
Frank Büttner <frank-buettner at gmx.net>

Frank Büttner schrieb:
> Barry Brimer schrieb:
>>
>> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007, [UTF-8] Frank Büttner wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> have somebody get the Tomcat 6 native lib to build?
>>> When I try to run ./configure --with-arp=/usr/bin/apr-1-config
>>> under /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.14/bin/tomcat-native-1.1.10-src/jni/native
>>> I only get the error:
>>> configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in build ./build
>> I believe tcnative is looking for the apr source .. and although it
>> might be just a typo - your command line says --with-arp and it should
>> be --with-apr.
>>
>> Barry
>  Yes of course it must called --with-arp :)
> Have have take a look at the EPEL 5 repo of Fedora and I see, that there
> still exist the native lib:) So an simple yum install tomcat-native will
> do the job:)
> But I take a look at the SRPM package to see how the problem was resolved.
>
> Thanks

And the the solution is:
Don't read the BUILDING file:)
Where you must read:
sh buildconf --with-apr=apr_source_location.
configure --with-apr=apr_install_location
--with-ssl=openssl_install_location
make
and when call the first line the disaster will begin.(because it will
delete the file, which will be missing later)
Simple run:
./configure --with-apr=/usr/bin/apr-1-config --with-java-platform=2
--with-java-home=/usr/java/latest

and all is fine:)