[CentOS] Best laptop for CentOS

Sun Nov 11 17:01:09 UTC 2007
Count Of Dracula <countofdracula at gmail.com>

On Nov 10, 2007 1:48 PM, Ern jura <exjura at gmail.com> wrote:
> Which is the best laptop to run centos on and where can I buy one
> without  Windows Vista pre loaded cause I will uninstall it any way.
> Please tell me the best sites that ship worldwide.

 Toshiba P105-S6207

Wireless
-------
Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02)

Works out-of-box including for WPA/EAP networks.

Ethernet
--------
Intel Corporation 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Works out-of-the-box.  Performance seems REALLY good.

Video
-----
Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics
Controller

Works out-of-the-box.

Flash Card Reader
----------------
Card reader in front of laptop is a "Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia
Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)".  This doesn't work of of the box on
openSUSE 10.2 as they don't include the modules in the default kernel;
this supposedly will change with openSUSE 10.3.  But sussing out the
required incantation and getting it up and running took only a few
minutes.

Go to http://developer.berlios.de/projects/tifmxx
Get tifm-0.6b.tar.bz2
tar xjvf tifm-0.6b.tar.bz2