[CentOS] Best laptop for CentOS

Mon Nov 12 05:31:06 UTC 2007
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Nov 11, 2007 9:19 PM, Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:

> I wonder how I could possibly solve this annoying situation. Merely
> change the order of activation? If so, how do I do this? (I only know
> how to switch services on / off in different runlevels using
> chkconfig... but how do I change the *order* in which they are launched?)

This is just to answer your question about how to change the order of
init scripts (not necessarily the solution for the current issue).

If you ls -l /etc/rcX.d (for example /etc/rc3.d for runlevel 3), you
will find symlinks that start with either Kxx or Sxx.  The K is for
kill (stop) and the S is for start.  The number that follows
determines the order in which they are executed.  So you can manually
change the order by replacing that number.

Akemi