[CentOS] mounting filesystems with blocks larger then 4k over aloop device

Mon Nov 12 23:52:24 UTC 2007
Flaherty, Patrick <pflaherty at wsi.com>

> mount: Function not implemented
>
> looking at dmesg I get:
>
> XFS: Attempted to mount file system with blocksize 8192 bytes
> XFS: Only page-sized (4096) or less blocksizes currently work.
> XFS: SB validate failed
>

> I had similar issues with reiserFS.  Is there a way to get a
> filesystem with larger then 4k blocks in CentOS 5?

maybe you need to specify block size (bs= see the mount manpage) when
mounting or...
the man page says it can only be as big as pagesize. Check your page
size `$ getconf PAGE_SIZE`, maybe that's the problem.

See also: http://lwn.net/Articles/249169/

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0706.2/1960.html: Commit
seems to show after linux-2.6.22 you should be able to ignore page size
when mounting XFS volumes.

Good luck
Patrick