[CentOS] sdc1 without the sdc

Tue Nov 13 15:50:53 UTC 2007
Tim Verhoeven <tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com>

On Nov 13, 2007 4:47 PM, Scott Moseman <scmoseman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Running 'mknod sdc b 8 32' worked great.  I could fdisk and the data
> looked good.  However, when I rebooted to start from a clean slate,
> sdc disappeared again.  Is there something that must be done to make
> the 'mknod' change permanent?  Or perhaps something else is wiping it
> away and overriding what I've done?

Normally udev dynamically makes the different /dev entries. So either
udev is screwing up or the iSCSI driver itself is doing something
wrong. What version of CentOS is this and what iSCSI initiator are you
using ?

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)