[CentOS] central logging/analysis

Thu Nov 15 06:52:37 UTC 2007
Shibu C Varughese <shibucv at itmission.org>

On 11/15/07, Johnny Tan <linuxweb at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm interested in doing centralized logging & analysis of logs from my
> CentOS boxes.
>
> I messed around with syslog-ng and it seems like it's a better syslog.
> But I noticed most of the "usual suspects" of third-party repo
> maintainers (Dag, Axel, etc.) don't include it. Karanbir has an el4
> version, but all my boxes are CentOS 5.
>
> I was going to go ahead and roll my own RPM (or, rather, rebuild
> Karanbir's el4 version), but it occurred to me to check what others were
> using in this space. Just sticking with plain old syslogd? Paying for
> splunk? Is there something else I haven't heard about?
>
> johnn

hi ..johnn  you can search for an RPM here
ftp://ftp.silfreed.net/repo/rhel/5/i386/silfreednet/RPMS/
it's for RHEL 5 but should work on centos5 too..  Or just do a search at
rpm.pbone.net

shibucv at itmission.org
True greatness is measured by how much freedom you give to others, not by
how much you can coerce others to do what you want. --Larry Wall