[CentOS] Installing Java on CentOS 5

Fri Nov 16 20:19:02 UTC 2007
R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Les Mikesell wrote:

> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> On the other hand, redistribution is permitted...

>> Yeah, but there's still that indemnification clause in the Distribution
>> License. The FAQ says that this really doesn't matter, the License says
>> otherwise. And I tend to "believe" Licenses, because that's what you
>> have ...

> There aren't a lot of lawsuits over software because all
> responsibilities are always disclaimed away anyway -

One is sufficient to impair CentOS; Les, make a contribution
of $10k$ and we'll get a formal opinion.  If that is
unappealing, tender along a update patch for the bottom of the
CentOS wiki page Java installation instructions (the top
still works just fine). Absent deeds, words are empty.

> Anyway - as long as the opennms guys have it, it doesn't matter.

Thre is plenty of trolling and people offering casual legal
opinions at 24x7 in debian-legal for many years, and
presently in fedora-adv for the last couple days.

-- Russ Herrold