[CentOS] How to make fdisk recognize increased iSCSI LUN?

Sat Nov 17 00:22:06 UTC 2007
Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com>

On Nov 16, 2007 10:06 PM, Mindaugas <ml at kilimas.com> wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>   How to explain to fdisk that /dev/sda size changed?

Try to send him an email fdisk at util-linux.org :-)
Please be polite :-)

or maybe try

# partprobe /dev/sda

>I increased LUN on storage, reloaded iscsi, did echo 1 >
/sys/<something>/rescan. And I see in "dmesg" that kernel found new
size of the LUN. But when I type "fdisk /dev/sda" it still shows old
size. On /dev/sda1 sits LVM PV and I'd like to resize it instead of
adding one more PV to volume group.

I imagine sda1 is thee only partition on sda !

I know all LVM commands by hart and was not knowing pvresize !
What a crazy thing! A day it will be possible to move an entire
partition inside a disk, and doing this online !
Then LVM will become useless :-)
I thing a day a man will walk on the moon :-)

Regards

Alain