[CentOS] Dual boot box: WinXP & CentOS 5: Impossible to restore WinXP?

Sun Nov 18 21:41:56 UTC 2007
Lanny Marcus <lannyma at gmail.com>

On 18 November 2007, Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com wrote:
<snip>
>BartPE found that WinME was installed on that box and it died there.
>If you have any ideas about how I can make the BartPE CD, on a non
>WInME box, they will be much appreciated! TIA, Lanny

Making the BartPE CD on a WinME box is apparently impossible. Here's
what it says on this URL:
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/faq/#12
"Can Windows 9x/ME be used to build BartPE?
No, absolutely not!"

This box is dead in the water, with respect to booting WinXP, because
of the corrupted or missing user32.dll. We only have this one box with
WinXP, so unless there's another solution for me to rescue WinXP, I
will need to format and reinstall WinXP and CentOS5.  TIA, Lanny