[CentOS] Dual boot box: WinXP & CentOS 5: Impossible to restoreWinXP?

Tue Nov 20 19:44:33 UTC 2007
Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com>

On Nov 20, 2007 9:19 AM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg
<Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr> wrote:

> I think it's been mentioned in the thread, but since you don't talk
> about this in your summary above: one thing I would recommend is create
> (at least) 2 partitions for MS: a small (5 to 10 G) for the system, and
> a larger one for data.

I'd second this, but I'd say it's much better to go in the direction
of 10G than 5.  I installed WinXP  on a Mac Mini (BootCamp) with 5GB
on the internal drive and everything else on a firewire external
drive, and now after about a year of automatic updates that 5GB is so
nearly consumed that I'm having to shuffle things around by hand to
keep it working.  It's just too damn difficult to prevent Windows
software from dumping crap on the C: drive (and then referencing its
location in the registry so it becomes nearly impossible to relocate
it).