[CentOS] wget'ing files relative paths?

Fri Nov 23 04:31:35 UTC 2007
Rogelio <scubacuda at gmail.com>

On 11/22/07, mike.redan at bell.ca <mike.redan at bell.ca> wrote:

"I am a little unsure on what you are trying to do...are you mirroring a
certain section of a website, and the relative paths are causing problems?
that would be pretty strange, because I am pretty sure that i have done that
before and not had any problems (just using wget -m
http://hostname/path/I/care/about/file.html)."

Basically, I'd like to run this command:

wget (options to grab all the mp3s)
http://www.2600.com/offthehook/1988/1088.html

e.g.

wget -r -l3 -H -t1 -nd -N -np -A .mp3 -erobots=off
http://www.2600.com/offthehook/1988/1088.html
It's not working like it works on other websites (e.g. democracynow.org),
and I suspect it's because when you look through the source code (which I do
with "lynx -source"), I see that the mp3 files are ../../path/to/file.mp3
While I could just write a bash file to pick through the source code, piece
together a real path to the mp3 file, and then wget that, but I was hoping
to figure out the switch necessary to let me use wget properly.