[CentOS] Re: Mail Server Install

Wed Nov 28 20:06:31 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 11/27/2007 5:54 PM Jun Salen spake the following:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I am planning to upgrade my mail server from CentOS4.5 to CentOS5. By this, I also planned to replace my postfix mail server with Scalix although the community edition limit me to just 25 premium user, I think it is suffice for us with the remaining user as standard user (with approx. <> 100 users total). Is there a catch on using Scalix based on your experience. I see that Horde is available from Dag's repository, do you think it is better for me to use that instead? Is there anyone using it that may share their gotchas and good points from their experience for me to prepare and be ready. Thank you in advance.
>
> junji
> aisalen.wordpress.com
> Linux Registered User #253162

I am currently trying EGroupware, which is I believe a fork from PHPGroupware.
I looked at horde webmail, but I had problems with html e-mails which my users
will surely want to be able to read.

No timetable yet, as I am currently beating on it myself before I let some
users beta-test it. I wanted something that I could use with my existing
mailscanner/sendmail/spamassassin setups as they work too well to abandon them.

The old servers had openwebmail, but it uses direct mbox reads instead of
IMAP, so it would prevent any future move to maildir.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and