[CentOS] Adobe products under Linux?

Wed Nov 28 21:28:57 UTC 2007
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 00:29 -0800, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2007 3:26 PM, William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > $ rpm -q AdobeReader_enu
> > AdobeReader_enu-7.0.9-1.i386
> >
> > I don't know about others, but this one works fine for me.
> >

> I don't call this a real application as they don't support anything
> you don't pay for.
>
> E.g., AR 8.0 (?) is available for Windows and has been for months,
> now, but not for Linux.
>
> The Adobe Flash Player for (32-bit) browsers on Linux also works, most
> of the time, but it, too, is a "free" application, which means Adobe
> doesn't provide support for it, either.

Looks like other folks have given responses I might have used. I will
only add that a piece of software that does what I want in a certain
context and has appropriate scope for my needs would qualify as an
application regardless of other considerations. It may not be the best
or meet everyones needs, but ...

--
Bill