[CentOS] Severe VMware slowdown

Thu Nov 29 03:13:26 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Nov 28, 2007 7:05 PM, Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com> wrote:

> The event viewer!

I'll look, but, as much as I don't care for Windows, I don't think
this is a Windows problem at all.  If it were, it would only hang the
vm, not the host and everything running on it, or so I would guess.

The vmware serverd log shows a hole of about an hour and twenty
minutes with no entries at all.

I went in and removed all traces of the deleted vms that I could find,
and that seemed to help a little, but it still has problems doing
anything when the mouse moves or is clicked.

I just realized that I installed a replacement k/b/m last week.  I've
been using a Logitech EX110 cordless k/b/m for about a year or so, and
the number pad went south.  Logitech sent me a new set, and I just
plugged it in.  It seems to work fine, although the mouse takes more
than a touch to wake up (now).

But, I have rebooted at least twice, so I would expect that to have
taken care of the problem.

mhr