[CentOS] mysql and windows

Morten Torstensen

morten at mortent.org
Mon Oct 1 01:04:53 UTC 2007

Peter Arremann wrote:
> If you're looking to do more interesting things like tablespaces (stuff that
> you can find in the large commercial engines) you need to go with pg. many
> people get turned off pg when they can't figure out authentication within the
> first 5 minutes but it is well worth it to me.

Apache Derby (nee Cloudscape) is nice too, and for scalability up to and
exceeding Oracle, DB2 Express-C is nice too. It is free as in beer. The
free version is limited in memory and cpus etc but is fully featured...
but if you need it you  can scale out on many kinds of hardware.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.