[CentOS] Logwatch for postfix

Morten Torstensen

morten at mortent.org
Tue Oct 2 10:41:28 UTC 2007

On CentOS5 with the latest updates applied, the logwatch filter for
postfix returns way too many lines from the log. I get an "unmatched
entries" message and all messages that have gone through the system is
listed.

Here is an example:

8F930A8092: to=<morten at foo.bar>, orig_to=<morten at localhost>,
relay=local, delay=0.19, delays=0.06/0.01/0/0.12, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent
(delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail)

I have tried to look at the logwatch config and some google hits on
similar problems but on debian. The hints there does not match what is
relevant for CentOS.

Anyone seen this problem on CentOS or is it some specific problem to my
configuration? I use fetchmail/postfix/dovecot/procmail locally on the
server to consolidate mail. Could be that it tries to filter on some
hostname/domain name?

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.