[CentOS] ssh X11 forwarding not working

James A. Peltier

jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Oct 10 00:21:31 UTC 2007

I'm having problems with ssh.com and X11 forwarding

ssh: SSH Secure Shell 3.2.0 (non-commercial version) on i686-pc-linux-gnu

I am in the process of testing some of my machines with CentOS 5
x86/x86_64 and have run into a bit of a snag.  X11 Forwarding is not
working.

I've tried all combinations of (+/-)[Xx] and it doesn't work, seemingly
it doesn't want to set the environment variable properly and therefore
doesn't know where to send the X requests.

Any hints?  I've checked the ssh config files and they seem to be
identical to the config files on our existing SuSE 10.0 machines which
are working.  This is troubling indeed.

--
James A. Peltier
Technical Director, RHCE