[CentOS] Kernel Update and Ultra Monkey

Mark Maiden mark.maiden at globoforce.com
Thu Oct 11 14:14:37 UTC 2007

We currently have an CentOS 4.5 running Ultra Monkey box serving web
requests to two real servers. Info as below :

CentOS 4.5(kernel-smp-2.6.9-55.0.6.EL)

All was working fine this morning until I upgraded our OS and patched
the kernel to kernel-smp-2.6.9-55.0.9.EL via YUM(CESA-2007:0937). After
that users started complaining that they were being switched from one
real server to another ie sessions weren't sticking. Nothing has changed
on the Ultra Monkey configuration.

Has anybody experiences an issue with this kernel causing UM problems?

Mark Maiden
Systems Manager
Globoforce, Ltd
 6 Beckett Way Parkwest