[CentOS] finding mysql.h & errmsg.h on CentOS?

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 23:13:17 UTC 2007

On 10/11/07, Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:
> 'yum provides mysql.h' tells you that /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h is in the
> mysql-devel package.  'yum install mysql-devel' will install that package.  Run
> configure again and carefully watch the output to see if everything you want is
> detected.

Perfect, thank you.

After I ran "yum install mysql-devel", I was able to run "make clean
&& ./compile && make" again and then copy the binaries over to the
/usr/bin folder

However, I get the following error now, which I suspect is a MySQL issue?

[root(at)localhost bin]# pwd
/usr/bin
[root(at)localhost bin]# ndo2db -c /etc/nagios/ndo2db.cfg
Could not bind socket: No such file or directory
[root(at)localhost bin]#

I checked my /etc/my.cnf file, and the socket looks like it's ok
("socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock")

Any suggestions?