[CentOS] apt-cacher for CentOS

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Fri Oct 12 09:44:51 UTC 2007

yOn Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Lorenzo Quatrini wrote:

> James A. Peltier ha scritto:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Is there something similar to apt-cacher available for CentOS?  I would like
> > to ensure that an application is only downloaded once to the network and not
> > hundreds of times.
> >
> > If there isn't an equivalent, would someone please point me in the direction
> > of how I might accomplish this with CentOS?
>
> after a lot of googling and searching I think I've found something that looks
> really interesting:
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/http-replicator
>
> I'm testing it right now, it looks really promising.

If it understands the concept of mirrors, than yes, it is exactly as I
envisioned it :)

I just packaged it and you can provide it with a list of mirrors although
it could have handled it transparantly instead of requiring a list
upfront.

You can find a temporary package here:

	http://dag.wieers.com/attic/RPMS/http-replicator-3.0-1.el5.rf.noarch.rpm

but it will be available soon on the mirrors. Even though it is tagged
el5, it should work fine on EL4 or EL3.

Let me know if you have any problems.