[CentOS] how to protect RT repository?

Mark Pryor tlviewer at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 22:17:45 UTC 2007

Rogelio <scubacuda at gmail.com> wrote: I'm following the instructions on this URL

and came across the part that said

"WARNING: RT overwrites some packages from the base distribution,
especially mod_perl"

How exactly do I "protect" the RT repository?

It links to the "ProtectBase" program

...but what do I mod to protect this RT repository?
CentOS mailing list
CentOS at centos.org

rt3 is now at 3.6.4
and most likely you want to install on C5, so that wiki page is specific to
an old environment.

Furthermore, a lot of C5 users are now installing
rt3 via RPM. There is a guide at BP for RPM package install on C5

The warning in the cited wiki article applies only if you install from source.

good luck,

my C5 repo