[CentOS] k3b 1.0.3, qt and C5 64-bit?

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 17 11:19:11 UTC 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> Scott Ehrlich wrote:
>>> a) in Red Hat Qt sources are in /usr/lib/qt-3.3 directory, but
>>> generally in distributions there is /usr/lib/qt path; all you need is
>>> symlink and forget of configure path options:
>>> ln -s /usr/lib/qt-3.3 /usr/lib/qt
>>> b) or
>>> ./cnfigure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt-3.3/
>> I'll try those.
>> Next error I get is kdelibs is not installed (which it is), or the
>> version of qt installed doesn't exactly match the one kdelibs was
>> compiled with (everything was yum installed).
>> Again, the system is running 64-bit C5 as a complete yum install, no
>> individually compiled apps, unless/until I get k3b worked out.
>> Thanks for any help with kdelibs.
> Keep in mind that you need all the relevant *-devel files installed to
> BUILD things ... not just kdelibs and qt, but kdelibs-devel,
> kdebase-devel, qt-devel, etc.
> Why do you need to build the new k3b ... we have one in centos and there
> is kde-redhat repo?

I have found, over time, functionality of the k3b versions < 1.x.x (i.e.
what is included in the distro) have caused failed or problematic burns
somewhere during the process.  I have had very successful runs with 1.x.x
versions that have been manually compiled, though on 32-bit systems, and
thus haven't experienced the compilation problems I'm dealing with now.

If I can get a 1.x.x version from a reliable repo, I'll be glad to try it.