[CentOS] Re: server network card

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Oct 17 15:40:14 UTC 2007

on 10/17/2007 7:15 AM ann kok spake the following:
> Hi all
>
> Have you had experience in intel server network card?
>
> what is the different between Intel PRO/1000 PT Server
> and Intel� PRO/1000 MT Server Adapter
>
> ls the PCI Express better than PCI-X but the last one
> is expensive than the first one

By the specs on the Intel site they are the same adapter with a different
interface.
The PCI-x cards are starting to be more expensive, but 6 months ago it was the
other way around.
I think PCI-X in a 133Mhz slot would be just as fast as PCI-E 1x.
It is more dependent on how many and what type of slots your server has.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and