[CentOS] Re: DocX support in OpenOffice

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Oct 18 20:00:47 UTC 2007

on 10/18/2007 12:52 PM Frank Cox spake the following:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:43:54 -0700
> Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>> And when you are trying to
>> persuade a business to part with their hard earned dollars to deal with your
>> business, asking them to change to suit you will not fly very far.
> If they have a problem that they want solved and you're the guy who can solve
> it, you might be surprised.
>> You can have principles, or you can have income.
> Linux isn't just a "principle".  It is the most efficient and cost effective
> way to solve problems and implement solutions in a great many situations.
> That's not principle.  That's getting the job done.
Don't get me wrong. I love Linux and think everybody should be using it. But
since many of the people I have to work with don't use it, and have no clue or
desire to use it, I have to be able to "swing both ways".
Someday maybe Microsoft will be in the history books like Wang and CDC.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!