[CentOS] CentOS upgrade in Xen domU?

Mike Edwards pf-centos at mirkwood.net
Mon Oct 22 12:45:02 UTC 2007

Thank you for the reply, Alain.

Since CentOS doesn't have a recommended on-line upgrade path (why?!), I
figured I'd go with the recommended path of using the installer.  To
that end, I was wondering if I was missing something (boot option,
perhaps?) that would tell anaconda to bypass the partition check, and
just get on with the install.

I eventually gave up after several hours of frustration, and followed
a HowTo on the CentOS site written by someone upgrading from the 4.4
server install to 5.0.

I still repeat my earlier question - why should a modern installer,
with the existence (and popularity!) of LVM and Xen, refuse to operate
on disks when it cannot find a partition table?  It seems upstream is
severely limiting their install options in this case.

Thank you again.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 01:37:14PM +0200, Alain Spineux babbled thus:

--

Mike Edwards                    |   If this email address disappears,
Unsolicited advertisments to    |   assume it was spammed to death.  To

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education.
The human mind is our fundamental resource."
  -- John F. Kennedy