[CentOS] Centos 5 on Large Disks [SOLVED]

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Wed Oct 24 07:50:40 UTC 2007

Anup Shukla wrote:
> Still, given the suggestion, i will surely try to reduce the number of
> slices.

I would make one system LUN at say 20GB and one data LUN with the rest
of the RADI5 space.

On the system LUN I would make a /boot filesystem and a LVM partition
with at least a / filesystem and swap. Usually I make /, /usr, /opt,
/home, /var and /tmp but it varies a bit depending on what kind of
machine it is.

The data LUN I would use as a PV directly for LVM and not bother with
partitions at all.

//Morten