[CentOS] Large scale Postfix/Cyrus email system for 100,000+ users

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Wed Oct 24 17:38:41 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 21:21 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
> > I thought the usual ways of doing this were to either use a
> > high-performance NFS server (netapp filer...) and maildir format so you
> > can run imap from any client facing server, or to keep the delivery host
> > information in an LDAP attribute that you find when validating the address.
> >

> This is the 'I have the money' way of doing this ;-)
----
last I checked, openldap, postfix and cyrus-imapd were free. What is the
money reference?

cyrus-imapd doesn't use maildir but rather it's own methodology which is
similar to maildir but keeps all the mail in it's own partition instead
of users folders. It doesn't use system for quota management but has
quota management built in. It seems much more sane and permits 'virtual
users' which is/can be a virtue of ldap based accounts.

Craig