[CentOS] DNS CNAME question

Mark Foster mark at foster.cc
Thu Oct 25 16:25:34 UTC 2007

Rogelio wrote:
> Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question (and if so,
> please point me to a better listserv), but is there anything "wrong"
> RFC or best practice wise with pointing a CNAME record to a DNS server?

Of course not... it is completely off-topic for a CentOS list.
Since you are relying on their (free) service it is a good idea to ask
everydns what they support ... Looks like
http://faq.everybox.com/general/what-NS-set-should-I-use has your answer.
I can tell you that using CNAMEs for name servers is just not going to work.

Said one park ranger, 'There is considerable overlap between the
 intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.'
Mark D. Foster, CISSP <mark at foster.cc>  http://mark.foster.cc/