[CentOS] self signed ssl cert on C5

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Oct 25 20:32:00 UTC 2007

Tom Diehl wrote on Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:54:19 -0400 (EDT):

> error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate
> OK
> (roadrunner pts1) #
>
> Am I correct that the above error is normal for a self signed cert?

Seems so, yes. I get the same. I think your cert is okay. Your errors are
all about *client* certificates, so the problem is with the certificate
the client presents, not with the one you configured for the server.
You seem to require a client certificate and either the client doesn't
present you one or one that can't get verified. My knowledge about client
certificates is limited, so I'm not sure about the exact reason.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany