[CentOS] mp3 recorder?

Paul subsolar at subsolar.com
Sat Oct 27 15:01:47 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 09:17 -0400, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
> > On 10/27/07, Scott Ehrlich <scott at mit.edu> wrote:
> >> I have my tape deck connected to my PC's line-in port, but Audacity's
> >> unstable release is unable to pick up the audio, though when I select the
> >> proper device and play with the volume control in the app, the audio does
> >> change.
> >>
> >> What other mp3 capture programs do people use?   My goal is to simply
> >> capture each side of a tape to mp3, then use Audacity to break each song
> >> to its own mp3 file.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> Scott
> >
> > audacity should be able to do it and is available from rpmforge.
>
> My original message (above) says Audacity is not visually showing the
> audio line levels or wave form when recording, thus I am not convinced it
> is capturing anything.

Which probably is an issue with your sound configuration somehow ...
I've had issues getting audio in to work with a couple different cards
because it's sometimes difficult to get the right input selected.  My
Sound Blaster Live 5.1 has literally a dozen different input sources to
select from, finding the correct combination was a bit of trial & error.

Paul