[CentOS] Postgresql and shell script

Andrea Dell'Amico adellam at sevenseas.org
Tue Oct 30 11:59:16 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 12:37 +0100, Tronn Wærdahl wrote:

> Yes that is a possiblity, Joachim I dont see how this can be
> accomplished with sudo, could you provide some example syntax

You could use the environment variable PGPASSWORD to connect to the
database without entering the password.
Or you could use the .pgpass file as explained here:
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/libpq-pgpass.html>

> Tronn

ciao
andrea
--
"In six days God created the heaven and the earth. On the seventh day,
Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications."